Hey everyone,

Hope everyone is doing good!

Everything in Tanzania is great and I am doing great! As most of you probably already know I have decided to extend my time in Tanzania to stay until September 7. I felt I just could not leave at this time.

Things at CCF have been going good. Kennedy says thank-you to my family for sponsoring him and is happy he can attend school.

We have completed home visits for all the children who wanted and were able to go. Some of the children came from very far and it is a wonder that they ever got to CCF. It is easier for me to see why they ran away from home now especially after seeing a good number of the homes.

We have received two new children at CCF. They had been living on the street for two years and so far they seem to be adapting to their new home smoothly. They are very small for their age and we are assuming this is because of continual malnutrition.

CCF gets bread donated twice a week. Last week I decided I would go pick up the bread in Arusha. This means a 20 min walk, 1 hour dalla dalla ride. The trip to Arusha is no problem but its the coming back that gets tricky. The only comfortable place to carry the bread is on ones head. You must understand that it is rare to see a white person carrying something on their head. In the evening it is very hard to find a dalla dalla back to Maji ya chi, where I live, as it is so far out. After searching for a dalla dalla and failing we decided to start looking for a bus. By now my neck was getting sore and I was in high need of a bus. After the bus ride we had to do the 20 min walk back up to CCF. With bread on my head it made the walk much harder. Luckily I had Ema with me, and we took turns carrying the bread. Anyways I succeeded in carrying something on my head, something that most muzungoos do not do. My neck was quite sore the next day.

On a different note, we have been realizing that the management is not as suitable as we first thought. It is still corrupted and we are trying to cope with it. Most of the projects we had planned are now not going to be able to go through. More on this another day

I have to go now

Have a good week!!

Tom

Comments

  1. Good for you Tom! I'm sure the children at CCF really appreciate having you! Keep up the good work, we look forward to hearing from you again, and even more to seeing you again, love from all your family!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment